The festival of Krishna Janmashtami takes place on August 30 this year. Lord Krishna’s life is re-enacted as a dance-drama, prayers are offered, late night vigils are kept, and fasting is observed. In addition to the Jhulanotsav and Ghatas rituals, there are some other rituals associated with the celebration.
Among the most celebrated Hindu festivals is Krishna Janmashtami. Known as Gokulashtami, Janmashtami is a big day for Krishna devotees.
Lord Krishna celebrates his birthday on this day. This auspicious day is celebrated with fasting, chanting mantras and religious ceremonies.
In honor of this auspicious day, here are some messages, wishes, and greetings you can share with close friends and family members.
The same way that Krishna showed the way to Arjuna during the Mahabharata battle, He shows you the path in life.
I wish your life be filled with joy and happiness I will always wish you the best.
Excellent information about Bhagwan Shri Krishna
1) Krishna was born 5252 years ago
2) Date of Birth : 18 th July,3228 B.C
3) Month : Shravan
4) Day : Ashtami
5) Nakshatra : Rohini
6) Day : Wednesday
7) Time : 00:00 A.M.
Shri Krishna lived 125 years, 08 months & 07 days.
9) Date of Death : 18th February 3102BC.
10) When Krishna was 89 years old ; the mega war (Kurukshetra war) took place.
11) He died 36 years after the Kurukshetra war.
12) Kurukshetra War was started on Mrigashira Shukla Ekadashi, BC 3139. i.e “8th December 3139BC” and ended on “25th December, 3139BC”.
12) There was a Solar eclipse between “3p.m to 5p.m on 21st December, 3139BC” ; cause of Jayadrath’s death.
13) Bhishma died on 2nd February,(First Ekadasi of the Uttarayana), in 3138 B.C.
14) Krishna is worshipped as:
(a)Krishna Kanhaiyya : Mathura
(b) Jagannath:- In Odisha
(c) Vithoba:- In Maharashtra
(d) Srinath: In Rajasthan
(e) Dwarakadheesh: In Gujarat
(f) Ranchhod: In Gujarat
(g) Krishna : Udupi in Karnataka
(h) Guruvayurappan in Kerala
15) Bilological Father: Vasudeva
16) Biological Mother: Devaki
17) Adopted Father:- Nanda
18) Adopted Mother: Yashoda
19 Elder Brother: Balaram
20) Sister: Subhadra
21) Birth Place: Mathura
22) Wives: Rukmini, Satyabhama, Jambavati, Kalindi, Mitravinda, Nagnajiti, Bhadra, Lakshmana
23) Krishna is reported to have Killed only 4 people in his life time.
(i) Chanoora ; the Wrestler
(ii) Kansa ; his maternal uncle
(iii) & (iv) Shishupaala and Dantavakra ; his cousins.
24) Life was not fair to him at all. His mother was from Ugra clan, and Father from Yadava clan, inter-racial marriage.
25) He was born dark skinned. He was not named at all throughout his life. The whole village of Gokul started calling him the black one ; Kanha. He was ridiculed and teased for being black, short and adopted too. His childhood was wrought with life threatening situations.
26) ‘Drought’ and “threat of wild wolves” made them shift from ‘Gokul’ to ‘Vrindavan’ at the age 9.
27) He stayed in Vrindavan till 10 years and 8 months. He killed his own uncle at the age of 10 years and 8 months at Mathura.He then released his biological mother and father.
28) He never returned to Vrindavan ever again.
29) He had to migrate to Dwaraka from Mathura due to threat of a Sindhu King ; Kala Yaavana.
30) He defeated ‘Jarasandha’ with the help of ‘Vainatheya’ Tribes on Gomantaka hill (now Goa).
31) He rebuilt Dwaraka.
32) He then left to Sandipani’s Ashram in Ujjain to start his schooling at age 16~18.
33) He had to fight the pirates from Afrika and rescue his teachers son ; Punardatta; who was kidnapped near Prabhasa ; a sea port in Gujarat.
34) After his education, he came to know about his cousins fate of Vanvas. He came to their rescue in ”Wax house” and later his cousins got married to Draupadi. His role was immense in this saga.
35) Then, he helped his cousins establish Indraprastha and their Kingdom.
36) He saved Draupadi from embarrassment.
37) He stood by his cousins during their exile.
38) He stood by them and made them win the Kurushetra war.
39) He saw his cherished city, Dwaraka washed away.
40) He was killed by a hunter (Jara by name) in nearby forest.
41) He never did any miracles. His life was not a successful one. There was not a single moment when he was at peace throughout his life. At every turn, he had challenges and even more bigger challenges.
42) He faced everything and everyone with a sense of responsibility and yet remained unattached.
43) He is the only person, who knew the past and future ; yet he lived at that present moment always.
44) He and his life is truly an example for every human being.
Jai Shri Krishna
Happy Gokul Ashtami!
Listen to Krishna Flute
Krishna’s Flute: Relaxing Flute Music, Flute mediation Calm music | Dream8